Wednesday, August 10, 2011

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year...

Apologies for my being so scarce lately.  Toothless had a birthday last week, and Husband was on vacation, which meant no time for computering.  School starts next week for Toothless, and I start my externship, so I might not be around too much then.  There has been couponing, and the back to school sales have been great.  If you're a Walgreen's shopper, they have the 24ct boxes of Crayola crayons for $1, and you get a $1 Register Reward back!  A Register Reward (RR from here on out) is basically a coupon for X amount on your next shopping trip.  One tip:  if you get a RR from buying crayons, do not use it to buy another box of crayons because the RR for the box you are purchasing will not print!  The same goes for store coupons from other places as well.  The next time I'm here, I will show you our school supply list & what I spent!

I've also been knitting a little.  I picked up Vampire Knits: Projects to Keep You Knitting from Twilight to Dawn at Borders, and I'm knitting Lore Hoodie for Dangergirl.  It's an adult pattern knit with bulky yarn, so I'm using the smallest size numbers with Patons Classic in Chestnut Brown, which is a worsted weight.  So far it's coming out at a 2-3T size, and I love it.  It's not too interesting to look at now since it's just 2 sleeves and a jumbled mess of brown wool, but I'll be sure to get some pictures up when it actually looks like something. 

Until next time, here's a picture of (newly) Toothless!

No comments: